The 2016 ACEC Annual Convention and Legislative Summit is coming to Washington, DC this Spring. Attendees can expect a wide variety of presentations, forums and keynote speeches, as well as special events, educational sessions, and an engineering award ceremony.
Keynote speakers include:
- Dana Perino, Television Host & Former White House Press Secretary
- Daniel Pink, New York Times bestselling author & business analyst
Educational sessions include:
State Infrastructure Funding: Insights from Former DOT Secretaries, featuring:
- Barry Schoch, Former Pennsylvania DOT Secretary
- Paula Hammond, Former Washington State DOT Secretary
- Ananth Prasad, Former Florida DOT Secretary
Case Studies in Architect-Engineer Collaboration
- Hear first-hand from successful teams of architects and engineers (on EEA Award –winning projects) about the benefits and challenges of close partnering.
Asia Infrastructure Bank: How to Make it Work for You
- Part 1—presented by David Dollar, China Center, Brookings Institute: As the Asia Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) looks to invest $10-15 billion annually on projects, how will your firm participate in this market? Explore the development of the Bank and potential opportunities for foreign work through this new organization.
- Part 2—presented by Sofia M. Berger, Louis Berger: Looking to leverage the AIIB’s opportunities? You must understand the proper steps to project procurement. Prepare now to boost your opportunities by first educating yourself on the fundamental differences between the world standards.
For more information, visit the 2016 ACEC Annual Convention and Legislative Summit web site, or download the convention brochure.
Register now to receive early-bird discounts on attendance.