Private Capital in Infrastructure Works
- Jointly public and private investment in infrastructure can create millions of jobs. The private sector is already largely responsible for designing, building, and financing our nation’s infrastructure and can do more.
- Over $250 bn of private capital has been raised, and some additional legislative and administrative changes could accelerate infrastructure projects and enhance funding.
- Private investment in infrastructure frees government dollars for allocation to other troubled areas of the economy and transfers risk away from the public partner to the private entity.
- Private investment has been proven worldwide to generate positive economic growth and can act as a stimulus by providing investment grade projects to invest in.
- Private capital allows U.S. workers through their pension funds to invest in the growth of our national economy, generate jobs, and enhance our global competitiveness.
Private Capital is Ready to Create Jobs
Private investment in infrastructure could generate 1.9 million jobs in the U.S. market…
…Incentives to invest private capital must be taken into account in the proposed National Infrastructure Bank and SAFETEA-LU reauthorization.
Construction Sector Hit Harder
Construction unemployment remains significantly higher than the national average …
… “Simply put, there just isn’t enough demand for construction to fuel the kind of hiring needed to get industry employment back to where it was in 2007”~AGC Chief Economist Ken Simonson, June 3rd, 2011
About Sphere Consulting LLC
“Sphere Consulting is a leading communications and government relations consultancy with offices in the Americas and Europe. Our approach is unique, as we are not broken into practice groups or geographic regions. Our professional staff have areas of expertise, but they are versed in all elements of what is needed to win a campaign for corporations, organizations, or individuals. Our process creates an aware and highly-talented team that drives the most efficient and effective activities for our clients.”