The amount of structurally deficient bridges in the U.S. is on the rise. 66,405 as of last count and the pace of repair is slowing as funding runs dry. Combine this with the high profile collapses of the Skagit River Bridge and the I-35W Mississippi River Bridge and it’s clear that innovation is needed now more than ever. The situation is alarming.
Bridges 2013 is a must a for DOT’s, general contractors, construction companies and engineers. The 5th edition of this popular event features two days of speaker sessions, panel discussions, and workshops. The main themes of the event include procuring funding, budgeting, building strategic partners, retrofitting, and the latest technologies.
Speakers Will Include:
- Ken Warbritton, Safe and Sound Bridge Improvement Program, Missouri Department of Transportation
- Harold Fink, Acting Director of Structures, NYSDOT Region 11
- M. Hadi Behrooj, Sr. Bridge Engineer, California Department of Transportation
- Bryan A. Kendro, Director, Office of Policy & Public Private Partnerships, PA Department of Transportation
- Paul Van Hagen, Professional Associate/Project Manager, HDR
- Rafael Manzanarez, Principal Bridge Designer, ARUP