AMERICAN WIND ENERGY ASSOCIATION
Navigant evaluated the impact of two scenarios of the Production Tax Credit (PTC) on the U.S. wind market through 2016.
Scope of Study
»We evaluated the impact of the following two scenarios:
- Scenario 1: the PTC expires at the end of 2012.
- Scenario 2: the PTC has a four-year extension and expires at the end of 2016.
»For each scenario, state and year, we produced a forecast of the following items:
- Wind MW installed
- Wind jobs (direct, indirect, and induced)
– Operations & Maintenance
- Economic impact
– Manufacturing investment (direct, indirect, and induced)
– Construction (direct, indirect, and induced)
– Other (land lease payments, federal, state, and local taxes)
- Environmental impact
About the AWEA
“AWEA is a national trade association representing wind power project developers, equipment suppliers, services providers, parts manufacturers, utilities, researchers, and others involved in the wind industry – one of the world’s fastest growing energy industries. In addition, AWEA represents hundreds of wind energy advocates from around the world.”