The American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC) is hosting a webinar on Wednesday, April 13, 2016 at 1:30pm ET in order to discuss the impacts of climate change on engineering services and civil infrastructure.
The potentially severe impacts on civil infrastructure from climate change require updating infrastructure policy to integrate climate resilience planning into current decision-making.
For the engineering profession, this means new service opportunities.
Join Paul Chinowsky to explore the impact of climate change on traditional and future infrastructure design, as well as:
- Opportunities for A/E firms to investigate climate change adaptation investment strategies
- Vulnerability assessments to changing weather patterns
- Techniques to help clients reduce risk and increase sustainability
- Analyze the emerging markets resulting from the impact of climate change on infrastructure and how to access these markets
- Identify and locate new requirements of clients
- Understand new risk perspectives in project decision-making
Presenters: Paul S. Chinowsky, Associate Vice Provost for Student Success, Professor, Department of Civil, Environmental, and Architectural Engineering, University of Colorado